China's Growing CNC Router Industry(cnc aerospace parts Evelyn)
- source:EAGLEBURGER CNC Machining
The rapid growth of China's CNC router industry has been driven by several key factors:
- Low Labor Costs - China's vast workforce and comparatively lower labor costs have made it an ideal location for labor-intensive manufacturing of CNC routers. Chinese factories are able to produce quality CNC routers at competitive prices.
- Government Support - The Chinese government has actively supported the CNC router industry through subsidies, tax incentives and the development of industrial zones optimized for manufacturing. This has boosted investment and growth in the sector.
- High Production Capacity - Large investments in advanced machinery, facilities and workforce training have enabled Chinese manufacturers to achieve high production capacity and economies of scale. Some factories are able to produce hundreds or even thousands of CNC router units per month.
- Export Focus - A major proportion of CNC routers produced in China are aimed at overseas markets in North America, Europe, Southeast Asia, Africa and Australia. Chinese companies have been responsive to the technical specifications, standards and requirements for different export destinations.
- Vast Supplier Networks - China has a well-developed supply chain for the various components and raw materials needed for CNC router production. Everything from metals, plastics, woods to electric motors and controls are available from specialized domestic suppliers.
Leading Chinese CNC Router Brands
Over the past two decades, Chinese companies have honed their expertise in CNC router technology and established several competitive brands worldwide:
- BOMAR - One of China's earliest and largest CNC machine manufacturers, BOMAR produces a wide range of wood, metal and stone cutting CNC routers with laser cutting options. It has over 300 employees and exports to over 60 countries.
- Yuanda - Founded in 2003, Yuanda offers CNC routers for professional sheet metal fabrication, furniture production and sign making. Its routers come in working areas up to 28m long for industrial-scale machining.
- CMT - Specializing in CNC woodworking machines, CMT exports its quality edgebanders, panel saws, boring machines and routers globally under its FOX brand. It has over 80 patents in CNC control systems.
- Jinan Penn CNC Machine - Jinan Penn is a leading Chinese CNC machine builder with a strong focus on independent R&D and innovation. It offers high-precision 5-axis CNC routers for wood, plastics and non-ferrous metals.
- ATC - ATC is a specialist manufacturer of nesting CNC routers for metal fabrication, suited for cutting steel, stainless steel, aluminum and alloy plates. It sells globally through a network of distributors.
- Biesse - Biesse Group, headquartered in Italy, operates multiple CNC machine factories in Southern China producing panel sizing centers, edgebanders and CNC machining centers. It combines Italian technology with Chinese production capacity.
- CanCam - CanCam produces affordable small to mid-sized 3-4 axis CNC routers for sign making, woodworking, plastic machining and engraving applications in small workshops. It exports worldwide through online sales channels.
The typical manufacturing process flow for a made-in-China CNC router involves:
- Design - The machine design is first conceptualized based on the target application and required specifications (work area, axes, spindle power etc). Engineering CAD software is used to design the mechanical, electrical and electronic components.
- Parts Sourcing - The various hardware parts like metal frames, linear guides, ballscrews, controllers and motors are sourced from domestic suppliers that specialize in those components. Quality control is conducted upon receipt.
- Machining - Essential components like the gantry, worktable, crossbeam, bases etc are precision machined from metals in CNC machining centers. QC checks dimensional accuracy.
- Assembly - Skilled workers carefully assemble all finished components by hand into a complete machine by bolting, wiring and connecting parts as per build instructions. Each axis is tweaked for smooth motion.
- Testing - Every assembled machine is rigorously tested for accuracy and performance. Operating parameters like backlash, resolution and repeatability are fine-tuned to meet specifications.
- Packaging - The CNC router is wrapped in protective plastic film before being packed into a rigid crate with foam padding. This prevents damage during shipping.
- Software Installation - Once ordered, licensed CAD/CAM operating software specific to the customer's requirements is installed and configured on the CNC router before shipment.
Quality standards in Chinese factories have improved tremendously over the years, with precision CNC routers undergoing strict testing and calibration. Reputable Chinese brands offer 1 year or longer warranties on their machines, underlining their quality and reliability.
With its unique blend of high-tech production capabilities, trained workmanship and cost-efficiencies, China looks set to strengthen its position as the world's foremost producer of CNC routers well into the future. Both domestic sales and exports are poised for robust growth. For buyers worldwide seeking quality CNC routing solutions, Chinese machine builders offer an attractive option. CNC Milling CNC Machining